Purchasing and Order Management Assistant
temporary (16 months), full-time
Reporting to the Manager, Purchasing and IT, the Purchasing and Order Management Assistant works closely with the Buyer and the Customer Service Department to ensure the ordering and tracking of products manufactured at our headquarters in Chicago. Specifically, this role consist of:
- Transfer orders received by the customer service department to our head office in the United States;
- Follow up on each order to meet predetermined commitments;
- Maintain fluid communication with customer service to ensure that our customers are informed of the progress and expected delays in the receipt of their orders;
- Update the various systems to ensure accurate tracking of all order information and perform currency conversions;
- Receive finished goods from our head office and prepare the documentation required by the shipping department in order to prepare deliveries;
- Ensure the supply of all stationery and other materials required by the various internal departments;
- Verify and approve customs and transportation invoices;
- Provide clerical support to the team, as needed;
- Perform all other related tasks.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Completed High school diploma;
- 1 to 3 years experience in a similar position, ideally in the manufacturing field;
- Good computer skills, experience with an ERP system will be considered an asset;
- Ease with numbers;
- Bilingualism (French-English).*
Required aptitude and characteristics:
- Methodology, thoroughness and resourcefulness;
- Good management of priorities;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
* A good knowledge of the English language is required for this position as this person acts as a point of contact with our parent company in the United States and is a one-person position.
You think you are the person we are looking for?
You want to join our flavorful team?
We would be delighted to meet you!
We invite you to send us your resume at email@example.com
If you are having issues filling out the form, please submit a cover letter and resume to our HR team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact the Human Resources Department.
Bell Flavors & Fragrances Canada
Human Resources Department
3800 rue Isabelle,