Marketing & Graphic Design Specialist
Bell Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. seeks a Marketing Specialist & Graphic Designer for its Northbrook, IL. area headquarters
The Marketing Specialist and Graphic Design is responsible for designing, creating, and delivering marketing programs to support expansion and growth of Bell’s services and products. Their role will be an integral part of the development and execution of marketing plans to reach targets from brand awareness to product promotion. The Specialist will work with the Development & Application labs to construct presentations for our top A-Target customers. The specifications for these presentations should be determined collaboratively between Sales, R&D and customer ideas. He/she will be responsible for preparing visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts as a graphic designer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct market research to find answers about consumer requirements, habits and trends
- Brainstorm and develop ideas for creative marketing campaigns
- Assist in outbound or inbound marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas (content development and optimization, advertising, events planning, etc.)
- Liaise with external vendors to execute promotional events and campaigns
- Collaborate with marketing and other professionals to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts
- Plan and execute initiatives to reach the target audience through appropriate channels (social media, e-mail, etc.)
- Assist in analyzing marketing data to help shape future marketing strategies
- Manage layouts and designing of communications such as presentations, newsletters, event support materials, research papers, and brochures.
- Promote trade shows, events as well as advertising campaigns.
- Meet with sales and marketing representatives to talk about communication needs. Participate in marketing and sales team as a member.
- Review marketing projects that are assigned, previous marketing materials which are used in assignment area and gathering materials about competitive companies in their field.
- Develop and coordinate multimedia packages like brochures, letters, purchase displays, video and so on for specific assignments.
- Develop direct programs related to mails and monitoring rolls of the campaign and ensure success levels at conclusion.
- Travel to customer presentations when assigned to present marketing information
- Travel to and assist with conferences and tradeshows when required and authorized
- Design all of Bell Northbrook’s corporate and marketing material for internal and external uses.
- Write original content for advertisements, brochures, postcards and other marketing materials.
- Manage printing/proofs for all of Bell Northbrook’s corporate and marketing material.
- Design, write, and manage all of Bell Northbrook’s advertisements for both flavors and fragrance as well as assist other locations with design assistance ( i.e. Brazil, Mexico, Canada).
- Create Bell’s designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and design concepts
- Use computer software to generate Bell’s new images for product layouts illustrations, company logos and websites.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed
Education, Training and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field of study; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in marketing, with at least one year in graphic design.
- Experience with HTML coding preferred
- Demonstrate success using Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to market and brand a firm or a division of a firm.
- Website development and search engine optimization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills including demonstration skills to handle many assignments simultaneously.
- Efficiently work under pressures, deadlines, and stretch extra hours to complete assigned task.
- Should exhibit great creativity and resourcefulness.
- Able to take calculated and bold initiatives to meet the expectations of clients effectively.
- Should have excellent effectual communication skills.
- Should be able to communicate the insight and ideas effectively.
- Should have equally effective people skills to deal with clients.
- Self-confident and outgoing personality.
- Should be an expert in forwarding thinking, market research, and should possess problem-solving skills.
- Ability to listen to intended details attentively.
- Must have graphic design and layout skills for creative services
- Strong attention to detail, deadline-oriented, desktop publishing tools, customer focus and creativity
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven
- Graphic Design