Bell Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. Quality Systems Manager
Job Title: Quality Systems Manager
Reports To: VP, Manufacturing
The Quality Systems Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing product assurance systems, ensuring compliance with all quality standards, and managing the activities of the quality control lab.
The essential duties of the position will include but not be limited to:
- Responsible for all GFSI, SQF, and ISO22716 certification systems, including procedures, documentation, and training
- Review, update, and maintain the documented Food Safety and Food Quality programs to ensure compliance with GFSI, SQF, and FSMA standards
- Perform validation and verification on quality systems for food safety and fragrance quality.
- Manage corrective action process
- Serve as SQF Practitioner for Food Safety systems. The Production Manager will serve as the back-up
- Train and develop a back-up SQF practitioner
- Manage all activities of the Quality Control Lab
- Serve as a back-up for the Quality Control Manager
- Ensure that complaint procedures are followed and that trending logs are maintained
- Perform routine internal audits, including GMP compliance, and self-assessments of all quality systems
- Initiate quality improvement activities and lead or participate in improvement projects.
- With the Quality Control lab personnel, provide technical expertise for all production operations.
- Assist top management personnel, as needed, in establishing and implementing quality policies, operating procedures, and goals
- Lead Food Defense, HACCP, Food Safety and Quality Development and Recall Teams. The Production Manager will serve as the back-up
- Provide information on quality systems to Regulatory and Customer Service departments, and customers as requested
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervision
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Chemistry or a related field is required
- Minimum of (5) years of manufacturing experience required
- Minimum of (2) years of supervisory experience required
- Experience in food manufacturing preferred
- Training and/or certifications in HACCP, SQF, GMP, and Food Defense preferred. If not currently certified, must become so within the first (6) months of employment
- Training and experience in Lean or Six Sigma preferred
Communication Skills Required
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, and members of the business community
- Ability to prepare presentations and business letters
- Ability to present information to top management and facility staff
- Ability to give clear directions to quality department and management staff