Bell Flavors & Fragrances Quality Systems Specialist
The Quality Systems Specialist responsibilities is to create/maintain the SQF program and certification, responds to quality portions of regulatory requests and manages process to request and update ingredient specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initial focus will be on GFSI/SQF Program certification including implementation, documentation, and training.
- Reviews, updates maintain the documented Food Safety and Food Quality programs to ensure compliance with GFSI/SQF Standards.
- Maintains self-assessments and self-audits of quality systems
- Responds to quality portions of regulatory and customer requests
- Establishes and maintains process to request and update ingredient and packaging information from suppliers.
- Must be HACCP and SQF Practitioner trained & qualified
- The Quality Systems Specialist will back-up the Director of Quality Systems regarding Food Safety and as SQF Practitioner.
- Serves on Food Defense, HACCP, GMP Audit and Food Safety & Quality Development Teams
Education and/or Experience
- BS in food science or microbiology or related science
- Fifth year college or university program certificate
- Two to four years related experience and/or training equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of GMP, HACCP, SPC, and SQF
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certified in one of the GFSI benchmark standards – preferably SQF OR BRC
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Understanding of FDA, USDA and State Food Safety/Quality regulations
- Ability to work with Customer & Regulatory Agencies
- Excellent critical thinking and project management skills
- Ability to present information to the business and or public in a professional, concise manner
- Ability to successfully lead teams to enable them to effectively perform
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with facilities, regulatory agencies, and customers
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and written
- Ability to understand and analyze issues involving food manufacturing, natural sciences, mathematics (including statistics), technical and legal documents
- Ability to understand issues in relation to product manufacturing operations and their impact
- Ability to provide supervision, guidance and counsel to others
- Ability to effectively organize, coordinate and execute
- Ability to help develop and/or execute strategic plans to meet departmental and organizational goals while complying with regulatory and customer requirements