Bell Flavors & Fragrances, Inc. seeks Junior Network Administrator/IT Specialist (2nd Shift)
Junior Network System Administrator’s responsibilities is to deliver personalized IT infrastructure support (hardware and software) for global user base from a centralized facility using remote capabilities and leading edge automation tools.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, troubleshoot, research, support and resolve user IT issues identified through helpdesk request tracking software and other methods.
- Work on problems of diverse scope requiring simple to complex analysis and troubleshooting through the evaluation of trouble conditions.
- Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Escalate issues to appropriate internal and external technical personnel when necessary.
- Provide full support for Microsoft desktop products.
- Provide support for the network LAN/WAN environment, including OS, printers, wired and wireless network connectivity, and VPN connectivity.
- Provide best effort support for all applications – ERP, dotNet, WMS, etc.
- Monitor/Run after hours maintenance jobs as directed.
- Develop ad hoc and standardized reports for users using ad hoc reporting tools.
- Run selected month end and periodic reports on behalf of end users.
- Install OS patches and other infrastructure maintenance tasks as directed by Network Administrator and Director of Information Systems
- Assist other IT staff in the management of network and email accounts, print services and backup jobs.
- In conjunction with other IT staff:
o Assist in maintaining documentation and provide change recommendations to improve user experiences.
o Build, configure and install new thin clients, windows desktops, laptops and printers as directed
o Install desktop application software as directed
o Manage computer and software license inventory, office audio/visual equipment, desktop equipment and laptops
o Monitor network performance and analyze logs
- Other duties as may be defined.
Education, Training and/or Work Experience Requirements
- Minimum of three years of technical support experience and superior customer service and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, IT related diploma or equivalent experience
- Professional certification in at least one system technology is beneficial (A+, MCP, MCDST & MCSE, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Windows XP/Win 7 desktop operating systems, Windows 2003/2008 server platforms, network diagnostic tools, Microsoft Exchange 2010, Active Directory, DHCP, VPN and WAN troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of server virtualization required
- Familiarity with Citrix VDI and related technologies preferred.
- Familiarity with ERP and Manufacturing applications preferred.
- Experience supporting laptops, thin clients, network printers, PDAs and wireless devices