Bell Flavors & Fragrances Associate Director of Production
Associate Director of Production manages the production activities at Northbrook plant to exceed customer satisfaction goals while assuring employee safety, product food safety and quality policies and procedures are met. Effectively and professionally manages plant operations on a day to day basis, provides leadership, guidance, and direction to carry out business and manufacturing goals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the production processes in accordance with Bell policies, SQF standards and government regulations.
- Meets established customer on-time service goals through effective communication, raw material and inventory control, production scheduling and execution, utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Develops new and assures existing Standard Operating Procedures are being followed in the areas of production, sanitation, inventory transfers and documentation.
- Executes employee development plans, addresses employee issues and administers needed disciplinary actions.
- Conducts employee evaluations in accordance with Bell’s guidelines
- Assures the execution of the training program for the department.
- Manages manufacturing cost in the areas of labor, overtime, waste and production supplies.
- Collect and analyze data, establishes action plans that minimizes waste and increases output.
- Maintain KPI’s, assure goals are met and develops improvement plans.
- Participates in annual production budget preparations.
- A member of the Leadership Teams at Northbrook including: Food Defense, HACCP, GMP audit, Food Safety & Quality Development, and Recall. Able to play the role of a back-up for the member on Food Safety Teams. Will be backed up by the Plant Manager or the Director of Operations.
- Responsible for introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment with understanding of critical control points, standards of acceptance, and methods of analysis.
- Active participant in the facility planning, capital projects, modernization, etc. Assists in preparing annual capital plan for manufacturing at NB.
- Lead efficiency projects and work closely with the Maintenance and Engineering team to minimize equipment downtime and equipment output.
- Develop and execute improvement plans in areas of productivity, equipment capacity management and production workflow.
- Assists in the execution of the inventory management improvement plans
- Demonstrates leadership in areas of Safety. Establishes, observes, and enforces safety rules & practices. Encourages safe work behaviors and promptly corrects unsafe conditions and unsafe behaviors that may lead to accidents.
- Develops and promotes an effective working relationship with other departments; helps establish efficient and proactive communication links to internal and external customers.
- Other duties as required.
- Education, Training and/or Work Experience Requirements
- BS and MS in Food Science & technology or related field
- Minimum of 7 years Food manufacturing/plant management experience.
- Demonstrate understanding of FDA, OSHA, EPA, regulations. In-depth knowledge of food ingredient processing and previous experience with ERP system implementation is highly desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to achieve HACCP, Food Defense, and SQF Practitioner certifications
This position is classified as a supervisor and directly supervises the Plant Manager, and the 3 department Supervisors. Indirectly manages over 40 others in direct and indirect manufacturing employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word & Power Point
- Highly analytical, ability to conduct advanced analyses independently
- Independent, self-motivated, proactive team player with strong work ethic
- Daily interaction with Production/Operations team, this would include interaction with senior management.
- Lead Six Sigma accreditation
- Will work in a production/warehouse setting, around food manufacturing equipment
- Environment will be moderate
- Technical Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Results Driven